Fping with WITH_IPV6=YES

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 14:57:18 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 9:24 PM, Jason Hellenthal <jhell at dataix.net> wrote:

> And if I might suggest, remove the old ifdef and replace with ...
>
> pre-extract:
> .if defined(WITH_IPV6)
> .undef WITH_IPV6
>  @${ECHO_MSG} "*********************************************************************"
>  @${ECHO_MSG} "*** IPV6 IS NOT ENABLED FOR net/fping, IT DOES NOT WORK WITH IPV4 ***"
>  @${ECHO_MSG} "***             PLEASE SEE/USE net/fping+ipv6 INSTEAD             ***"
>  @${ECHO_MSG} "***    THESE PORTS CAN CO-EXIST TOGETHER AND BOTH BE INSTALLED    ***"
>  @${ECHO_MSG} "*********************************************************************"
>  @sleep 10
> .endif

I would suggest the following changes for net/fping:

- remove the ipv6 category from net/fping, since it is ipv4 only.

Change comment to:
COMMENT=	Quickly ping N hosts w/o flooding the network - IPv4 Only version

- Remove this define from the ports Makefile:

.if defined(WITH_IPV6)
# IPv6 not enabled by default, as it does not work together with IPv4.
CFLAGS+=	-DIPV6
.endif

I also noticed that the net/fping includes a source address patch
(net/fping/files/patch-sourceaddr) that is missing in the
net/fping+ipv6 port.  The patch seems to support both ipv4 or ipv6
depending on if IPV6 is defined.

Scot