[RFC] A trivial change for DESKTOP_ENTRIES (take 2)

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 14 17:54:29 UTC 2011

Stephen Montgomery-Smith píše v čt 14. 07. 2011 v 11:57 -0500:

> entry.  I assume that the filename of the desktop entry is unimportant,

The filename of desktop entry should be 100% inconsequential, and our
only care should be not have two ports installing same file.

> and is used only internally by Gnome or whatever.

Sounds like a bug to me.

> But maybe it would have been better to have had one more entry in
> DESKTOP_ENTRIES that was the actual filename of the desktop entry.

Yes, but is it worth the effort? Note you'll have to introduce it
somehow not to break existing ports.

Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>
Cats happen.