diablo-jdk- misses libodbcinst.so & conflicts libiodbc/virtuoso

Dima Panov fluffy at fluffy.khv.ru
Tue Jan 4 16:35:46 UTC 2011

Hello!

05.01.2011, 02:27, "Kurt Jaeger" <lists at opsec.eu>:
> Hi!
>
> Dima Panov write:
>
>>  jhell at dataix.net wrote:
>>>  Replace libiodbc with unixODBC
>>>
>>>  They provide the same layer that virtuoso would need for ODBC.
>>  Nope. unixODBC provide outdated API and lacks of some features,
>>  exist in libiodbc and required by virtuoso.
>
> Ah, interesting. What's the difference ?

Sorry, I'm not an odbc profi to provide a correct answer,
please search in virtuoso mailinglists, reasons was published AFAIR before switching to libiodbc.

> So a drive to  replace unixODBC in every port would be more useful ?

yes. anyway, unixODBC was staled some time ago, and now no reasons to continue support  it

qt4/kde4 was switched to libiodbc some months ago.

--
Dima Panov (fluffy at FreeBSD.org)
KDE at FreeBSD team

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?id=100000181104157