ports-mgmt/portconf , ports-mgmt/portmaster and make args

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sat Jan 1 14:51:04 UTC 2011

On 01/01/2011 01:50, Doug Barton wrote:
> If someone can come up with a programmatic way of determining if such
> settings exist in ports.conf I'd be willing to consider adding the
> support, but given the wide variety of syntax that is supported I think
> such a thing would be difficult.

There's a NO_PACKAGE variable used to prevent the build cluster from
generating packages, or at least, from uploading packages to the FTP
servers.  You could (ab)use this to mark packages you always want to
install from source -- so, choosing apache22 as an example, you could
put something like this in /etc/make.conf:

.if ${.CURDIR:M*/www/apache22}
NO_PACKAGE=   yes
.endif

or you could put NO_PACKAGE=yes into
/usr/ports/www/apache22/Makefile.local or use portconf or various other
ways.

portmaster would then have to run something on the lines of:

   cd ${PORTSDIR}/www/apache22 ; make -V NO_PACKAGE

to detect the setting.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3