ports-mgmt/portconf , ports-mgmt/portmaster and make args

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Sat Jan 1 12:51:30 UTC 2011

Doug Barton wrote:
> On 12/31/2010 01:10, marco wrote:
>> Here is what i'd like to achieve:
>>
>> use portmaster with the -P option (using PM_PACKAGES=first in
>> /usr/local/etc/portmaster.rc) to have a package installed if
>> available,_but_ when a port matches a port I've defined in
>> /usr/local/etc/ports.conf to use certain make args then_don't_
>> install the package but actually build the port.
>>
>> Is that achievable using the portmaster and portconf ports?
>
> In a word, no, which makes using the option in portmaster.rc less
> desirable of course.
>
> If someone can come up with a programmatic way of determining if such
> settings exist in ports.conf I'd be willing to consider adding the
> support, but given the wide variety of syntax that is supported I think
> such a thing would be difficult.

If I understand OP well, isn't it possible to use something like this as
a starting point?

# grep '^[[:alnum:]]' /usr/local/etc/ports.conf | cut -d: -f 1
databases/mysql50-*
databases/phpmyadmin
databases/sqlite3
devel/pcre
devel/subversion
ftp/bsdftpd-ssl
ftp/proftpd
ftp/proftpd-mysql
java/jdk15
lang/php5
mail/courier-imap
mail/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin
security/amavisd-new
security/courier-authlib
security/cyrus-sasl2
sysutils/apachetop
www/apache22
www/lighttpd

Then you can use this list of ports as glob patterns for "exclusion" of
binary packages (use ports instead)

Miroslav Lachman