Request for new port review: TortoiseHG.
lists at eitanadler.com
Tue Feb 8 19:12:13 UTC 2011
On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 6:40 AM, arrowdodger <6yearold at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello. I've made a port for TortoiseHG (in fact, for its hgtk script). It is
> my first attempt in port creation, so i want someone to review it.
Congrats on your first attempt! Here are a few issues with the port.
Please don't take them personally.
1) install port-mgmt/portlint and run it on your port (portlint -CN)
it will point out a lot of things
2) The preferred format for new ports is a shar - not a .tar.gz file
3) It is not newline terminated
4) the .egg-info files should not be included in the pkg-plist
5) replace @dirrm lib/nautilus with @dirrmtry lib/nautilus because
your port does not directly create this directories
6) And what i've been told is that i should use EXTRA_PATCHES, insteand of
invoking patch. --> yes. Please use a patch file unless it something
that has to be run on a significant number of files. reinplace makes
it harder to find out what is being patched. You may want to use 'make
makepatch' to generate them.
More information about the freebsd-ports