Call for testers: projectM comes to FreeBSD! [re ports/152823]

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 00:33:44 UTC 2011

Chris Rees <utisoft at gmail.com> writes:

> Anyone interested can grab them and test them out! I've tried them on
> i386, they work great; feedback is most welcome.

In both ports I see that you manually add ${LOCALBASE}/include and
${LOCALBASE}/lib to CFLAGS. In theory, that shouldn't be necessary.

Unfortunately, projectM does not seem to be a very good CMake citizen:
it should have a FindGLEW.cmake file responsible for finding GLEW's
libraries and includes, so that it later can just do something along
these lines:

  include_directories(${GLEW_INCLUDE_DIR})
  target_link_libraries(foo ${GLEW_LIBRARIES})

Also, it shouldn't even have a copy of FindFreetype2.cmake lying around
(which should also render one of the sed's you use in post-path
unnecessary), as CMake itself has had FindFreetype.cmake for quite a
long time.

Do you know if upstream is aware of these issues?

Another question related to libprojectM: does it really need to install
Vera.ttf instead of using the system-wide one from
x11-fonts/bitstream-vera? Or is it a different font which happens to
have the same name?

As for projectm-libvisual:

Do you also need to set CFLAGS here too?

+post-patch:
+	@${FIND} ${WRKSRC} -name "*.[hc]*" | ${XARGS} ${REINPLACE_CMD} \
+		-e 's#<libvisual#<libvisual-${LIBVISUAL_VER}/libvisual#g'

Is this really needed? It seems to be fairly intrusive.

+ @${REINPLACE_CMD} -e '/return NULL/d' ${WRKSRC}/actor_projectM.cpp

Is this one from upstream? If so, isn't it better to put it in files/?