FreeBSD Port: xpra-0.0.7.16p4

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Fri Feb 4 10:02:42 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 09:49:39AM +0100, Kurt Jaeger wrote:
> Hi!

> > > The files should eventually get automatically mirrored to the FreeBSD
> > > ftp server at ftp.freebsd.org (and it's mirrors), so worst case users
> > > get it from there, but it's always nice to get it from the originator.
>
> > OK, I normally move old source releases to /old/ eventually.
> > I guess I can still do that as long as the port file has been updated to
> > use the newer source snapshots?
>
> There are always hosts out there that still have old port Makefiles
> on their disks, so having a stable path would be useful.
>
> E.g. on cpan, the files just are added to the directory, not moved
> after newer ones are added.

Well, in truth, the port's Makefile may be trivially configured to look
into the old/ subdirectory if the distfile is not found in the "real" one
(see the security/stunnel Makefile for an example).

G'luck,
Peter

Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net roam at FreeBSD.org peter at packetscale.com
This inert sentence is my body, but my soul is alive, dancing in the sparks of your brain.