redports.org - The public FreeBSD ports development infrastructure

Vitaly Magerya vmagerya at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 14:56:36 UTC 2011

Bernhard Froehlich wrote:
> Hi Porters!
>
> I am happy to announce that redports.org has finally
> reached the point where I think It's safe to be used
> by everybody!

First of all, this is pretty great.

Next, questions, comments & feature requests.

1. It would be good to see what is currently in the queue for each
backend (or buildgroup) right now; just to get an estimation of when
your build will finish (e.g. "in a few minutes" vs. "in a month"). An
actual estimation would be even better.

2. GCC 4.5 buildgroup currently shows 0 queued builds, but for some
reason my build in that buildgroup does not start. Is there really
nothing queued there?

3. On "My builds" page I see two strange builds in "waiting" state: one
for buildgroup "GCC" another for "4.5"; should that be one buidgroup
"GCC 4.5"?

4. Is each backend a separate physical (or virtual) machine (i.e. do
they all operate independently)? Are more machines planned?

5. Is there a way to see all the build archive, not just yours when you
are logged in?