Ports with version numbers going backwards: audio/cpp-xmms2, audio/py-xmms2, ...

Erwin Lansing erwin at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 19 12:41:49 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 04:12:02PM +0000, erwin at FreeBSD.org wrote:
> ** The following ports have a version number that sorts before a previous one **

If anyone is wondering why this list was so long, this is because for
some time the output of the daily run of the script was discarded by
sendmail on the machine in the cluster it was running on.
Unfortunately, noone noticed this until I moved the script to pointyhat
yesterday, so a lot of errors have accumulated over time.  On the other
hand, there were also a number of false positives caused by the move
between servers itself, e.g. python version going backwards, for which I
have added some extra environment cleaning code, so the next run should
look a lot better.

Improvements to these scripts are most welcome and they can be found in
ports/Tools/scripts as chkversion.pl and check-latest-link.  I would
certainly like them to send more individually tailored messages instead
of the large CC list as it is currently.

Thanks to everyone who already has fixed any issues!

-erwin