Half OT: mod_proxy and webcam

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Mon Apr 18 16:28:33 UTC 2011

Hello.

I've got an Axis webcam in an internal network. I'm accessing it using
apache22 as a front-end, through mod_proxy.

Everything used to work fine until some days ago: however, since then it
will drop the connection every few seconds. The message "Lost connection
to MPEG motion stream" appears and I have to push play again.

This is an extract from my configuration:
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>         ServerName xxxxxx.xxxxxx.xx
>         <Directory />
>                 Allow from All
>         </Directory>
>         ProxyPass / http://yyyyyyy.yyyyyyy/
>         ProxyPassReverse / http://yyyyyyy.yyyyyyy/
> (1)     SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive 1
> (1)     SetEnv force-proxy-request-1.0 1
> </VirtualHost>

(1) was an hint I saw on another website, but it didn't help.

Any suggestion?

I tried inetd+sysutil/socket and it works much better; however it can't
coexist on port 80 with other sites.

  bye & Thanks
	av.