xfce 4.8 upgrade errors

Olivier Duchateau duchateau.olivier at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 11:26:25 UTC 2011

I have also an ATI graphics card (below excerpt from dmesg).

[...]
drm0: <ATI Radeon XPRESS 200M 5955> on vgapci0
vgapci0: child drm0 requested pci_enable_busmaster
info: [drm] Initialized radeon 1.31.0 20080613
info: [drm] Setting GART location based on new memory map
info: [drm] Loading R300 Microcode
info: [drm] Num pipes: 2
info: [drm] writeback test succeeded in 1 usecs

In my /etc/X11/xorg.conf, in section Device:
Section "Device"
        Option     "int10"              "on"
        Option     "BusType"              "PCIE"
        Option     "RenderAccel"          "on"
        Option     "AccelMethod"          "exa"
        Option     "DRI"                  "on"
        Option     "DynamicPM"            "on"
  Identifier  "Card0"
  Driver      "radeon"
  VendorName  "ATI Technologies Inc"
  BoardName   "Radeon XPRESS 200M 5955 (PCIE)"
  BusID       "PCI:1:5:0"
EndSection

I used Xfce 4.8 (during development stages) with FreeBSD 8.1 and older
version of X.org, and I didn't notice particular.

--
olivier