xfce 4.8 upgrade errors

Pavel Timofeev timp87 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 09:51:42 UTC 2011

> I've send PR, http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=156231
> We must wait for upgrade made by maintainer, but you can use patches.

Yes, I tried ports/156231 and ports/156230. Nothing changed. And tried

> Pavel, are you able to run your xfce session with startx command?
> 1. In /etc/ttys (line beginning by ttyv8), replace 'on' by 'off',
> reboot your computer.

I use slim and rc.conf. Ok, slim_enable="YES" was commented in /etc/rc.conf

> 2. if in your $HOME directory, .xinitrc (or .xsession) file doesn't
> exist, copy it from /usr/local/etc/xdg/xfce4/.
> 3. create also .xsession (ln -sf ~/.xinitrc ~/.xsession)
Copied and created. (Before I had .xinitrc and it contained
/usr/local/bin/startxfce4, and I had .xsession which used as link to
.xinitrc. Made by your advice.)

> 4. finally, run 'startx' command, a file called .xsession-errors will
appear
Done. But no .xsession-errors file =(
And system hangs as before when I want to run opera and other problem apps.

About miwi`s post:
I noticed that adding line 'Option "BusType" "PCIE"' to xorg.conf in the
'Section "Device"' makes something strange.
At first Xorg start I see black screen (no errors in Xorg.log.0), but after
restart it works good, and hangs don't occur.
Is it normal? My card is 'ATI Technologies Inc RV350 AQ [Radeon 9600] rev 0'
and it is AGP card.
Changing BusType to AGP or PCI doesn`t bring anything good: system hangs.