Virtualbox UI and remote X clients

Ade Lovett ade at FreeBSD.org
Tue Oct 26 21:08:38 UTC 2010

On Oct 26, 2010, at 15:50 , Ade Lovett wrote:
> VirtualBox itself doesn't appear to honor -graphicssystem (I tried --graphicssystem too), and crashes with the exact same Qt error.

Found it, after much more digging around:

csh% env LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 VirtualBox

works.

So it's definitely a bug in OpenGL somewhere.  At the very least the environmental variable above should be folded in to a command-line option to VirtualBox itself until the underlying problem is correctly resolved.

-aDe