problem on building perl5.12

Koichiro Iwao meta at club.kyutech.ac.jp
Sun Nov 7 18:29:58 UTC 2010

I've post the same to freebsd-questions but no replies, let me
repost. Does anyone know how to make perl?

I tried to upgrade perl 5.10 to 5.12 according to UPDATING
but building perl 5.12 fails. I believe the failure is caused by
needless "-lnsl" option. How to build it fine?

# portmaster -o lang/perl5.12 lang/perl5.10
---(snip)---
and I got the following output:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lnsl
I can't compile the test program.
You have a BIG problem.  Shall I abort Configure [y]
Ok.  Stopping Configure.
===>  Script "Configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to skv at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/lang/perl5.12/work/perl-5.12.2/config.log" including the
output
of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to
provide
an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls
/var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

See also; whole portmaster outputs:
http://www.club.kyutech.ac.jp/~meta/temp/perlerror.txt