port update with new dependencies on ports that need to be added

Wesley Shields wxs at FreeBSD.org
Wed May 19 19:06:41 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 11:59:50AM -0700, Russell Jackson wrote:
> I've got an port patch that includes adding entirely new ports along
> with it. Should these new ports be submitted in separate PRs or along
> with the maintainer update for the one existing port?

It's a matter of preference I think. I usually prefer that the new ports
each be submitted in their own PR and the update mention that it
requires the new ports to be added. This can be done just by referencing
the PR number for the new ports in the update. This way any audit trail
information is contained to just the port it applies to.

-- WXS