UPDATING entry for X.org changes

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Fri May 7 16:49:45 UTC 2010

On 05/07/10 05:20, René Ladan wrote:
> 2010/5/7 Robert Huff <roberthuff at rcn.com>:
>>
>>        Is there one?  I've been checking daily, and ... nothing.
>> (Various sited, including just now "cvsup.freebsd.org:.)
>>

> No, there is indeed none for now.
>
> If you use portmaster you can just run 'portmaster -af' or follow the
> instructions near the end of its manual page (before Doug Barton
> goes correcting me ;) )

Well since you asked ... :)  The -f is not necessary there, -a is
sufficient. In fact if you wanted to do things more incrementally
'portmaster -D xorg' would be another way to go.

In any case, it brings me a great deal of joy to hear not only that so
many people are using portmaster, but also that these upgrades are going
smoothly, as did mine. I think the x11@ guys deserve a round of applause
for making this the least painful "X major version upgrade" in recent
memory.

Doug

			-- Propellerheads