Solutions for the PR load problem

Dominic Fandrey kamikaze at bsdforen.de
Tue Jul 13 16:14:00 UTC 2010

On 09/07/2010 23:56, Shaun Amott wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 10:51:01PM +0200, Dominic Fandrey wrote:
>> So if I set up a private tinderbox and provide amd64 and i386
>> 6-/7-/8-stable logs with every PR I submit it would hasten the
>> processing of my PRs?
>>
>> If that is so, I'll get me a small quad-core with ~16GB RAM
>> and a huge hard disk just for this purpose (my largest hard disk
>> is the one in my notebook, not sufficient for all the distfiles
>> and packages).
>
> Sure, I would be more likely to look at / commit your patches in a
> timely fashion if you've done part of the work for me. I'm pretty sure
> it helped back when I was submitting lots of ports PRs.

I ordered the machine last weekend. It won't run 24/7 or be remotely
accessible, but when I get comfortable with the process, I can
start testing other PRs and attach links to the test logs.

I think this is about as helpful as I can afford get at the moment.

On a side note, I only bought 8GB RAM, because of the ridiculous
pricing. I'll have to pay as much as I paid a couple of months
ago for the same amount for my notebook.

Regards