science/paraview: gmake[2]: *** [bin/QVTKCxxTests] Error 1, gmake[1]: *** [VTK/GUISupport/Qt/Testing/Cxx/CMakeFiles/QVTKCxxTests.dir/all] Error 2,gmake: *** [all] Error 2,*** Error code 1

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jan 10 20:59:20 UTC 2010

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010, O. Hartmann wrote:

> Since a while I'm incapable of compiling ports/science/paraview on the most
> FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE/amd64 boxes around here.
>
> I do portmaster -dv on a regular basis on all of those machines and I suspect
> the port maintanance facility beeing corrupted since this error shows up on
> nearly every FreeBSd box.

The -d option refers to deleting stale distfiles, and -v is verbose, so
I'm not sure how this is directly relevant.

> How can I check what's going wrong?

Well it seems pretty obvious that there is a problem with one of your
dependencies, but that port has a lot of them, which would make it hard to
diagnose exactly which one is causing the problem. I would suggest that
you do this: portmaster -Dv -e paraview-3.6.1
and let portmaster uninstall all of the dependencies that are only related
to that port. when that's done, do the same command line with your
installed version of cmake. Then try reinstalling paraview.

If that still doesn't work you'll need to do some digging to determine
what is failing, and then you can reinstall that port too.

hope this helps,

Doug