portmaster-with-package-support release candidate available for testing

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 4 06:19:33 UTC 2010

Alberto,

I genuinely appreciate your testing and use of portmaster, so please
don't get the wrong idea about my response. But it would be very
helpful to me if you could do a couple of things for bug reports.
First, if you could start a new thread for each problem that would
help me keep track of them. Second, if you could write a brief
explanation of what you see as the problem that would also help. While
I'm sure what you pasted makes perfect sense to you, it's not always
possible for me to recognize the problem when all I have are logs.

That said, what I *think* you are reporting is the fact that
portmaster seems to be confused between the local package repo that
you've configured and the fact that it downloaded a newer version from
the remote repo. If I'm right about that, what do you think portmaster
should do in this case? My assumption is that people who create local
package repositories do so for a purpose, and I'm not sure what to do
if those packages are not the latest versions.

Doug

Alberto Villa wrote:
> hello! new problem here: http://pastebin.ca/1736942 (it happens with
> portmaster -a too)
>
> `--> cat /usr/local/etc/portmaster.rc
> ALWAYS_SCRUB_DISTFILES=dopt
> LOCAL_PACKAGEDIR=/usr/ports/packages
> MAKE_PACKAGE=gopt
> PM_DEL_BUILD_ONLY=pm_dbo
> PM_PACKAGES_BUILD=pmp_build
>
> `--> ls /usr/ports/packages/*/boost-jam*
> /usr/ports/packages/All/boost-jam-1.39.0.tbz
> /usr/ports/packages/Latest/boost-jam.tbz
> /usr/ports/packages/devel/boost-jam-1.39.0.tbz
> /usr/ports/packages/portmaster-download/boost-jam-1.39.0.tbz
> /usr/ports/packages/portmaster-download/boost-jam-1.41.0.tbz

			-- Pablo Picasso