Use of devel/libreadline in ports

Anonymous swell.k at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 18:08:07 UTC 2010

John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org> writes:

> Is there a push for moving libreadline out of base and updating ports to use
> libreadline from ports instead?  The devel/gdb port currently has optional
> support for this but it breaks gdb if you have a binutils port installed as
> different parts of gdb are built against different bfd.h headers causing
> segfaults when gdb tries to load symbols for a binary.  The simplest fix is to
> just remove the devel/libreadline support from the devel/gdb port if that is
> ok to do.

lang/gcc* search under LOCALBASE/include implicitly e.g. ports/136917.
This enables --with-expat automatically when its headers are found.

  $ gcc45 -E -v -</dev/null
  [...]
  ignoring nonexistent directory "/usr/local/include"
  ignoring nonexistent directory "LOCALBASE/lib/gcc45/.../include"
  #include "..." search starts here:
  #include <...> search starts here:
   LOCALBASE/include
   LOCALBASE/lib/gcc45/.../include
   LOCALBASE/lib/gcc45/.../include-fixed
   /usr/include
  End of search list.

Can you try to replace -I${LOCALBASE}/include with
-isystem${LOCALBASE}/include ? It should make GCC prefer ./../bfd/bfd.h
over LOCALBASE/include/bfd.h.