what next for the pkg_install rewrite

Bapt bapt at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 19 14:38:20 UTC 2010

Hi,

Now that GSoC is over a lot of good work has been done on pkg_install.

I think it would be great to organize the way the on going work on pkg_install
will be done, for that purpose we need someone to officially manage the work, to
validate what will be implemented/cleanup, and distribute the work among volunteers.

I think this is the best way for a new pkg_install really appear.

I'd like to contribute to the work on pkg_install, and would like to
help cocordinate the effort to prevent reinventing the wheel, and to be
ensure the code is consistent etc.

I know there are many like minded people out there who might like to help, please identify
yourself, either publicly or privately so we can put together a team to find a pkg_install
replacement.

regards,
Bapt