games/connect4 segfaults.

Christian Weisgerber naddy at mips.inka.de
Sat Aug 7 19:32:36 UTC 2010

David DEMELIER <demelier.david at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just wanted to try games/connect4 but it segfaults here on FreeBSD
> 8.1-RELEASE and amd64.
>
> It's a long backtrace so I think you should try it by yourself.

Actually it's a short backtrace, but who needs it?  Whenever you
see these warnings...

c4.c:840: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
c4.c:840: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
c4.c:843: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
c4.c:843: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size

... chances are, the code doesn't work on 64-bit platforms, and the
compiler points you straight to the places that need to be fixed.

Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy at mips.inka.de