i keep *trying* to move from portupgrade to portmaster

Sandra Kachelmann s.kachelmann at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 6 12:44:11 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Martin Schweizer
<schweizer.martin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Sandra
>
> I was in a similar situation. I found the following paramters very usefull:
>
> portmaster -a -d --no-confirm
>
> -a: Take all installed ports
> -d: Delete any dependicies
> -no--confirm: Wait not after the check which ports are upgradable
>
> With the above switch portmaster waits in two case:
> 1. If you run in an compile error
> 2. If the port is new and will asks you about make config
>
> I did now three upgrades like above and it worked as expected.

Hi Martin

Thank you for your answer (and everyone else who replied). This is
exactly the reason why I keep going back to portupgrade. Default
OPTIONS almost always work for me - if not I go to the ports directory
and run make config then let the --batch option of portinstall deal
with everything.

It would be extremely nice if there would be a --batch option that
would act like portupgrade.

Sandra