i keep *trying* to move from portupgrade to portmaster

Martin Schweizer schweizer.martin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 12:21:09 UTC 2010

Hello Sandra

I was in a similar situation. I found the following paramters very usefull:

portmaster -a -d --no-confirm

-a: Take all installed ports
-d: Delete any dependicies
-no--confirm: Wait not after the check which ports are upgradable

With the above switch portmaster waits in two case:
1. If you run in an compile error
2. If the port is new and will asks you about make config

I did now three upgrades like above and it worked as expected.

Regards,