feature request for portmaster: check for permissions on --check-depends and friends

Alberto Villa avilla at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 26 08:13:04 UTC 2010

On 4/26/10, Doug Barton <dougb at freebsd.org> wrote:
> This is the first time this issue has come up, what do others think?

i don't mind very much, but imho...

> OTOH, I could imagine users might want to do things like
> this that require root access to actually change things as a regular
> user first as a painless way to see what would happen if they ran the
> command as root.

...the "-n" flag would be more appropriate. what if i, as a regular
user, have write access to /var/db/(ports|pkg)? that wouldn't be
"painless" :)
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla