Scilab depends on certain java packages

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 22 20:48:58 UTC 2009

On 9/22/09, utisoft at googlemail.com <utisoft at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for that, I've gone and made four new ports before I got your reply!

Well, at that rate you may as well do them all.  ;)

> Never mind, I suppose I could just submit those and depend on them, I think
> they should do well. I'll submit this as scilab5 when it's done, but I'll
> look at making some OPTIONS to change some configure args; it is possible
> to disable the GUI, as you've discovered.
>
> Was Scilab 4's GUI not based on Java then?

No, it's "official" GUI was tk-based -- not very slick, but easy to
change and not resource-hungry.  They also distributed a GTK+-2-based
GUI.  A lot of the effort behind the new version seems to have gone
into the Java GUI and graphics --  I hope it was worth the trouble,
but I suspect otherwise.

b.