Creating a New Port: /usr/ports/security/pecl-kadm5

Mel Flynn mel.flynn+fbsd.ports at mailing.thruhere.net
Wed Sep 16 13:27:24 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 16 September 2009 02:16:07 Tim Gustafson wrote:
> > Ah yes, didn't test on earlier versions. It's passed midnight here,
> > but I'll add fixes for 7 and 6.x if possible. You probably need to
> > add -lroken to the link chain for this. If you get what's happening
> > in files/patch-config.m4 you can try and fix it yourself.
>
> Thanks for all your help on this - I'm really getting excited about the
>  prospect of using this library.  I've been holding out for like a year
>  now.  :\
>
> I got a bit further than before - I'm attaching the updated
>  files/patch-config.m4 file.  I added roken and also com_err.  The library
>  compiles and I can call functions in it.
>
> However, this is what I'm getting in the Apache error log now:
>
> foo/admin at BLAH.LOCAL's Password:
>
> It looks like it's trying to prompt me for a password interactively over
>  STDERR or something at the server level.

The latest release is 2003 so it looks largely unmaintained :/. I don't have a
kerberos server available that I can play with, without upsetting people :).
There's also no docs available that specify if this module is meant to be
working through a webserver. However, you did specify a password for
kadm5_init_with_password in php? If you have some php testcode, I can see if I
can steal a jail to setup a test kerberos server.
--
Mel