audio/sox bump to 14.3.0 request

Glen Barber glen.j.barber at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 01:57:55 UTC 2009

Hi.

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 21:31:53 -0400, Peter Beckman <beckman at angryox.com>
wrote:

> I haven't heard back from the maintainer of sox yet on the requested bump
> to sox 14.3.0.  I didn't find any process outlined in the handbook or the
> porters handbook, and I would have searched the archives but the search
> index hasn't been rebuilt since 2007.

Regarding ports that are maintained, there is generally a 2 week timeout
with PRs regarding port upgrades (which is noted in the handbook),
assuming a patch is provided.  The most likely delay with your situation
is that you did not support a patch to actually perform the update -
simply the request.  Upgrading ports that has other maintainers is time
consuming to begin with - even moreso when you do not provide a patch to
aide in the process.

> I searched the archives via google with no real results on any process on
> how to poke the maintainer to life.

You CC'd the maintainer.  That is sufficient.

--
Glen Barber