Migration to new SourceForge URL scheme part 2, SFE and some statistics

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Wed Sep 2 16:20:25 UTC 2009

--On Wednesday, September 02, 2009 04:05:08 -0500 Ion-Mihai Tetcu
<itetcu at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> In my case, over a few retries, switch is the fastest, followed by
> surfnet. heatnet is only somewhere between 500-700K.
> dfn, garr: and ovh fail.

It might be way too much work for very little benefit, but network latencies
being what they are, perhaps there should be a routine that runs periodically
and adjusts the list according to some connectivity parameters?  (Yeah, I know,
easy for me to say.  I don't have to write the code.)

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst