Dead projects in ports tree

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Tue Mar 3 11:07:42 PST 2009

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 17:09:04 -0600, Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd at gmail.com>
wrote:

>     Just trying to amass cruft in the ports tree that could be marked
> deprecated and removed. Some assistance in amassing the list would be
> helpful...
>
> multimedia/openquicktime - no movement in CVS / SVN for 1+ years; no
> releases in the past 3 years
>
>     I'll continue posting more items to this thread as I find them...

Guys, no ports are going to be get remove when they have dead projects or
else. If these ports work correct, fetchable and not vulnerability, then
there is no reason to remove. Just don't touch these ports, and these
ports aren't going to bother and bite you. The BROKEN and pointyhat will
tell you when those ports are ready to get remove. Therefore, please use
your time on something else to make yourself more useful.

Cheers,
Mezz

> Thanks,
> -Garrett