status of FreeBSD ports you maintain as of 20090705

Martin Tournoij carpetsmoker at rwxrwxrwx.net
Tue Jul 28 21:43:27 UTC 2009

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 11:00:04 -0400, Wesley Shields <wxs at FreeBSD.org>
wrote:
> And this is why I think we should have a policy of not changing
> maintainer of things based upon mailing list traffic. I know I'm
> guilty of doing it in the past but I have come to the conclusion that it
> can cause these kinds of problems and set a precedent of people
> expecting mailing list traffic to result in commits.
>
> We should have an official record of who requested changes in the PR
> database and not give the community the idea that mailing list traffic
> asking for a commit to happen is the right way to do things.
>
> -- WXS

I don't know what the policy is nowadays ... I switched from Linux to
FreeBSD years ago because of a better sense of quality and less breakage.
I find myself switching from FreeBSD to OpenBSD now because of a better
sense of quality and less breakage...

Anyway, this is not the place to start rants, could someone please commit
misc/137224 (Sorry for wrong category...) Thanks.

Cheers and see you at OpenBSD,
Martin