call for testing: print/hplip update, pass 2

Milan Obuch freebsd-ports at dino.sk
Fri Jul 10 08:09:50 UTC 2009

On Thursday 09 July 2009 20:44:46 Dmitry Marakasov wrote:

[ snip ]

> First of all, here's latest version of the port:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~amdmi3/hplip.shar
> Please use it as a base for further changes (and also please check
> that I haven't missed any of your enchantments).

[ snip ]

Hi,

I have HP Photosmart D5460, which is not supported by hplip in ports now. This
was my motivation to test new port.

Build/install (well, I did portmaster hplip) went flawlessly, but when
starting I got error

Jul 10 08:35:43 wind python: [723]: error: dbus failed to load (python-dbus
ver. 0.80+ required). Exiting...

I added

cupsd_enable="YES"
dbus_enable="YES"
hpssd_enable="YES"

into /etc/rc.conf, and

pkg_info | grep -i dbus
dbus-1.2.4.6        A message bus system for inter-application communication
dbus-glib-0.80      GLib bindings for the D-BUS messaging system
dbus-qt3-0.70_2     Qt3 bindings for the D-BUS messaging system
py25-dbus-0.83.0_1  Python bindings for the D-BUS messaging system
py25-qt4-dbus-4.4.4,1 Python bindings for the Qt4 toolkit, D-BUS module

so the minimal or better required version is installed, so what? Or did I not
understand the message correctly?

Regards,
Milan