xine: div/xvid issues

Cezary Morga cm at therek.net
Wed Feb 25 13:24:08 PST 2009

Hi there.

I've got this strange problem. Out of a sudden xine can't play any
DivX/XviD movies. It throws this on me:

video_decoder: no plugin available to handle 'DivX 5'

All I've done lately (that is today) was a libxine update from 1.1.15 to
1.1.16.2. libxine uses ffmpeg for DivX* playback and so does mplayer,
but mplayer have no problems with divx.

Honestly, I'm a bit stuck with it. Anyone got an idea where to look for
the source of this problem?

Best regards,
--
Cezary Morga
"Middle age is when you've met so many people that every new person you