Fwd: OpenBGPd Package - recent patch

Florent Thoumie flz at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 25 03:43:51 PST 2009

I received the following email yesterday but I'm not maintaining the
port anymore. Furthermore, I think that farrokhi@ has been MIA for a
while now (CC'ed anyway).

Is there anybody interested in (helping) maintaining net/openbgpd (and
possibly net/openospfd)? If so, please contact Franz with patches (and
eventually send-pr).

TIA

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Franz Bettag [ QS Housing ] <fbettag at qs-housing.net>
Date: Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 5:44 PM
Subject: OpenBGPd Package - recent patch
To: flz at freebsd.org

Dear Florent,

i was wondering when this patch will be applied:
http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/openbsd-misc/2008/12/10/4389284

This bugfix is quite important and seems to be commited to the current
version of openbgpd.

Since i am not that good at coding C, my question would be when you
could apply this patch/bugfix in general so i can make my openbgpd
servers more secure.

Compiling a recent version of openbgpd (4.4, 4.4.1) with the patches
from net/openbgpd/files/patch-* seems to not work properly ;)

Hope to hear from you soon!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards

Franz Bettag

--