[kde-freebsd] Call for Testing KDE 4.2 for FreeBSD

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 02:30:34 PST 2009

On Sunday 01 February 2009 23:02:28 Martin Wilke wrote:
> Howdy Guys,
>
> The KDE FreeBSD team is happy to announce the first public
> Call for Testing for KDE 4.2. Over the past weeks we have
> focused on the complex and very time consuming task to get
> KDE 4.2 running.
>
> Please read UPDATING-area51 before you start your update.
>
> To get KDE 4.2:
>    try
>       svn co https://kf.athame.co.uk/kde-freebsd/trunk/area51/
> /path/to/area51
>
>     More info here:
>       https://kf.athame.co.uk/access.php
>
> - Martin (on behalf of the KDE FreeBSD team)

Hi,

I'll get started on testing today.  I however have this strange desire to use
USB2 (the new USB stack introduced to FreeBSD-Current).

Is KDE4 happy with USB2 (or to be more precise, is hald happy with USB2 yet)?

Is there anything special required to compile KDE4 (and all other ports) to
support USB2?  I assume installing with KERNCONF=USB2 is a requirement :-)

Thanks for the great work, much appreciated.

Regards,

David