mplayer from SVN

Thomas Zander thomas.e.zander at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 30 19:57:56 UTC 2009

Hi Doug, Wes, list,

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 05:19, Doug Barton <dougb at freebsd.org> wrote:

> B) I don't think "daily" is a reasonable target, but neither is "every
> 3 years."

This is correct. While it's true that I was hoping for the mplayer
developers to change their minds and subscribe to a decent release
engineering process, it seems it is not going to happen anytime soon.
I was planning to switch the mplayer port to a svn snapshot some time
next week (new year's resolution!) and continue with updated snapshot
ports in the range of ~3 months or so. That is, if there is no
objection from committers's perspective.

@Wes: Would you mind sending me your modified port? TIA.

Best regards,
Riggs