x11-toolkits/xview requires COMPAT_43TTY defined to build on -CURRENT

Tom Uffner tom at uffner.com
Sun Aug 2 09:03:04 UTC 2009

x11-toolkits/xview requires COMPAT_43TTY defined to build on -CURRENT

but passing "-DCOMPAT_43TTY" to the FreeBSD port make (or setting
MAKE_ARGS in /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf) doesn't work. the first
place the build fails is in .../lib/libxview/textsw. there may be
others.

I tried finding the appropriate place to patch the port, but eventually
gave up and just temporarily defined COMPAT_43TTY in my copy of
sys/ioctl_compat.h to avoid the "#error" ifdef. trying to figure out
obscure Imakefile templates is just not my idea of a good time. sorry...

tom