[kde-freebsd] [HEADS UP] Info for upcoming QT 4.5 and KDE 4.2 BETA 1

Warren Liddell shinjii at maydias.com
Sat Nov 22 15:43:54 PST 2008

Martin Wilke wrote:

> Howdy Guys,
>
> Time to give you some info about our plan for QT 4.5 and KDE 4.2.
>
> A few weeks ago we tagged KDE_4_1 to begin the work on QT4.5 and
> KDE 4.2. We now have a QT 4.5 preview version in the area51 tree
> (which is really experimental). On November 25th, KDE 4.2 BETA1
> will come out, I hope we are fast enough to get KDE 4.2 Beta 1
> buildable then we can call for testing with KDE 4.2 Beta1.
> I really hope we can get KDE 4.2 known bugs fixed (namely googletalk,
> jabber, msn.).
>
> For the record, if you want to test KDE 4.1.3 please use:
> svn co https://kf.athame.co.uk/kde-freebsd/tags/kde_4_1/
> if you want to help us testing QT 4.5 / KDE 4.2 BETA 1
> please use:
> svn co https://kf.athame.co.uk/kde-freebsd/trunk/area51/
>
> Patches/Feedback of course are welcome.
>
> - - Martin

Im all ready using KDE 4.1.3 and tried QT4.5 however but it simply
refuses to configure on my machine. I am however using svn up
/usr/area51 rather then twhat was mentioned above.  im using AMD64
FreeBSD7.1-PreRelease KDE 4.1.3, below is the basic error i get with any
part of qt tryin to be built....

The target system byte order could not be detected!
Turn on verbose messaging (-v) to see the final report.
You can use the -little-endian or -big-endian switch to
./configure to continue.
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to kde at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/devel/qt4-moc/work/qt-x11-opensource-src-4.5.0-tp1/src/tools/moc/../../..//config.log"
including the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be
a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system
(e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1