games/traindirector: Help reproduce problem on AMD

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Sat Nov 22 11:06:30 PST 2008

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 23:46:11 +0100
Guido Falsi <mad at madpilot.net> wrote:

> >> I'll test it again on an other amd tinderbox. Please allow me until
> >> tomorrow for that.
> >
> > I tested this on an AMD64 tinderbox of my own and I duplicated the
> > same failure seen by the QAT.  Are you building everything with the
> > same flags as used by QAT?  The three important ones that I know
> > QAT uses are:
> >
> > NOPORTDOCS
> > NOPORTEXAMPLES
> > NOPORTDATA
> >
> > I don't see how these could have an impact on your testing but I'm
> > just throwing it out there.
>
> Unluckily, as I said, the only amd64 machine I could find is at work,
> so I can't do much testing till Monday.
>
> I'm puzzled because QAT tells me it can't find -lwx_gtk2u_adv-2.8,
> but the file should be there. Could you please check if you have such
> a library under /usr/local/lib? I can't see how the port could find
> it sometimes and fail some others...
>
> My port looks like doing it's best to find it, but sometimes it
> appears not to be there. Tinderboxes use packages for dependencies,
> maybe some problem with wxgtk2.8 pkg?

Download the package that should contain it from the link I gave you
and verify if it is where it should be then.

> The test machine I build is a very clean one, a clean install with
> just ntpd and xorg running, then I installed wxgtk and traindirector.

Try make install in your port without having any other installed and
see what happens.
It might be something environment related.

> I'll try those flags, but I really can't see how they can affect it.

No, I don't see either and anyway I test on a pristine env. tinderbox
and it dies the same.

FreeBSD committer -> itetcu at FreeBSD.org, PGP Key ID 057E9F8B493A297B