Boost 1.37 released!

Emanuel Haupt ehaupt at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 3 13:31:25 PST 2008

> It's also disappoints me that there is only year-old boost library in ports
> tree. I've already offered my help to Simon (see
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2008-September/050846.html).
> I have time, equipment, experience and will for assisting in porting latest
> stable boost into the ports tree.
>
> After I've posted into the mailing list, people started to contact me and
> ask whether I know what's happened to boost port. For that reason I've send
> an e-mail to barner at freebsd.org at October, 14, offering my help second
> time. And still do not have an answer.
>
> So then, I insist on contacting Simon using other ways than
> barner at freebsd.org and starting a discussion about approaches for speeding
> up this porting task.

Eventually we could repocopy devel/boost to devel/boost-devel then
update devel/boost-devel to 1.37 and have maintainers (and the
community) decide whether they like to adapt their ports to the current
version.

If anyone can submit a working boost 1.37 port (preferably a patch
against devel/boost) I'd be glad to take over that task.

Emanuel