Call for testers: MythTV 0.21 port upgrade

Greg Larkin glarkin at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 3 10:57:50 PST 2008

Bernhard Froehlich wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 16:05:16 -0400
> Greg Larkin <glarkin at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I've been working on PR 126343
>> (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/126343) to get
>> MythTV upgraded to 0.21 on FreeBSD.
>>
>> At the moment, I have a port that compiles cleanly, installs, starts
>> up the frontend and deinstalls correctly on 7.0.  Of course, whether
>> it will actually record TV, playback, etc. is another matter
>> altogether. :)

[...]
> Thats great! Have you seen ports/127856 ports/127857 and ports/128419?
>
> Because i have looked at your patch and it looks similar to the first
> PR but judging from the compile problems that got posted to this
> thread you're actually exactly where i was when writing the patches.
> PLEASE have a look at them because i see no sense in duplicating that
> work.
>
> When i think about the differences of you patch and ports/127856 i am
> not sure if there is anything that prevents it from working as a
> backend too. But i have no DVB-S card that is supported by FreeBSD so i
> cannot test it and only created a mythtv-frontend port which is
> actually working quite good for me. Runs perfectly fine with an
> mythbuntu backend.
>
> All that compile problems that were replied to this thread are already
> fixed as part of ports/127856. The reason is, that mythtv 0.21 uses a
> weird combination of ".." and "../.." in their include paths and so
> include libavcodec from /usr/local which is wrong because they have
> libavcodec included in their mythtv source package.

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks very much for the pointers to the other PRs.  I didn't know about
them until the other day when someone else pointed them out.  I should
have checked the PR list before I went too far with my patch, but I'll
review all of them to figure out the best way to proceed.

Anyway, there seems to be interest from various folks to get a complete
version of MythTV 0.21 running on FreeBSD, so we should be able to close
all of the PRs soon, including 126343.

Best regards,
Greg
- --