Error message when running 'portsdb -Uu'

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Wed May 21 13:12:14 UTC 2008

:
>  "/usr/ports/print/ghostscript-gpl-nox11/../ghostscript-gpl/Makefile",
>  line 132: warning: drivers incompatible with WITHOUT_X11 will be
>  removed automatically Warning: Duplicate INDEX entry:
>  ghostscript-gpl-8.62_2

The warning about WITHOUT_X11 can be ignored.

The reason for the Duplicate INDEX entry is that both ports
print/ghostscript-gpl and print/ghostscript-gpl-nox11 have the same
pkg name:

$ pwd
/usr/ports/print/ghostscript-gpl
$ make -V PKGNAME
ghostscript-gpl-8.62_2
$ cd ../ghostscript-gpl-nox11
$ make -V PKGNAME
"/usr/ports/print/ghostscript-gpl-nox11/../ghostscript-gpl/Makefile",
line 132: warning: drivers incompatible with WITHOUT_X11 will be
removed automatically
ghostscript-gpl-8.62_2

The cause of PKGNAMESUFFIX not adding -nox11 for
print/ghostscript-gpl-nox11 is due to both ports are using the same
OPTIONSFILE, and the OPTIONSFILE has at least one of these defined:

 WITH_GS_x11
 WITH_GS_x11alpha
 WITH_GS_x11cmyk
 WITH_GS_x11cmyk2
 WITH_GS_x11cmyk4
 WITH_GS_x11cmyk8
 WITH_GS_x11gray2
 WITH_GS_x11gray4
 WITH_GS_x11mono
 WITH_GS_x11rg16x
 WITH_GS_x11rg32x

hp010# pwd
/usr/ports/print/ghostscript-gpl-nox11
hp010# make -V OPTIONSFILE
/var/db/ports/ghostscript/options

The attached patch fixes the WITHOUT_X11 case and has been sent as PR 123859:

Scot