ports system woes

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Wed Mar 26 07:43:43 PDT 2008

Pav Lucistnik wrote:

> Solution is to use tools that are available in our base system. SQLite is not.

Yet :)
Compared to some of the (huge) things that are maintained in the base,
maintaining sqlite would be trivial :)

But it's not as if the question is "sqlite or bust" - as OP noted,
restructuring the system a bit and using better algorithms could fix
many problems. The thing is - using something like sqlite is (at least
for people used to SQL) much easier than rolling your own file system
database (including locking and atomic ops).