ports system woes

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Wed Mar 26 06:59:20 PDT 2008

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 14:18:00 +0100, Michel Talon wrote

> In fact last year i wrote a python script which reads all the
> /var/db/pkg/+CONTENTS files, and fixes all the +REQUIRED_BY files,
> assuming they are corrupted. Moreover it follows the MOVED file.

So you basically reimplemented pkgdb -F in python?

> As far as i remember this program
> runs in a few *seconds* certainly not minutes like it is said here

Mind that the original poster is using a very low-spec notebook with next to
none RAM.

> solution is to use sqlite and not some half-assed solution like a
> Berkeley database,

Solution is to use tools that are available in our base system. SQLite is not.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>