Fwd: ports system woes

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at freebsd.org
Wed Mar 26 02:45:14 PDT 2008

There is a newly-spawned discussion on -hackers about the inefficiencies
the existing pkg_* utiliies (e.g. pkg_delete taking minutes to operate,
etc.):

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2008-March/024057.html

Those who wish to participate should probably be people who are familiar
with both the ports framework and actual C code; IMHO it should not be a
"let's talk about features I want" thread.

Just bringing this to other technical users' attention who may feel
inclined to participate.

Stephen, I'm CC'ing you because I know you've put in great efforts