x11 upgrade from 6.9 fails right at the outset

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Mon Mar 10 10:58:45 UTC 2008

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 04:38:04 -0500 (CDT)
Scott Bennett <bennett at cs.niu.edu> wrote:

>      I'm finally trying to do the upgrade from X.org 6.9 and have run
> into an error right at the beginning.  I'm running FreeBSD 6.3-STABLE
> with the kernel updated to today.  (The rest of the system was last
> updated two or three weeks ago, IIRC.)  The X.org upgrade failure
> looks like this:

[snip]

> If someone could pass me a clue to getting the upgrade going, I'd
> appreciate it greatly.  Thanks much.

Did you read and follow the instructions in '/usr/ports/UPDATING',
specifically this one:

  20070519:
  AFFECTS: users of Xorg
  AUTHOR: kris at FreeBSD.org

Please read the entire entry and see if that corrects the problem.

--
Gerard
gerard at seibercom.net

One of the pleasures of reading old letters is the knowledge that they
need no answer.

	George Gordon, Lord Byron