7.0-RELEASE: digikam 0.9.3 dumps core on startup

Vladimir Kushnir vkushnir at bigmir.net
Sat Mar 8 12:01:46 UTC 2008

Hi Mark,

On Thu, 6 Mar 2008, Mark Ovens wrote:

> Clean install of 7.0-RELEASE, Xorg, KDE, and digikam from a freshly
> downloaded ports tree.
>
> Starting digikam for the first time gives the dialogue asking for the
> directory to use as the Album root, enter a path then digikam dumps core. The
> trace from the KDE Crash Handler is:
>
> [New Thread 0x2a701100 (LWP 100193)]
> [Switching to Thread 0x2a701100 (LWP 100193)]
> [KCrash handler]
> #6  0x28550b73 in sqlite3Fts2InitHashTable ()
>   from /usr/local/lib/libsqlite3.so.8
> #7  0x285484e2 in sqlite3Fts2Init () from /usr/local/lib/libsqlite3.so.8
> #8  0x28514fa5 in openDatabase () from /usr/local/lib/libsqlite3.so.8
> #9  0x281bc47e in Digikam::AlbumDB::setDBPath ()
>   from /usr/local/lib/libdigikam.so.0
> #10 0x281e85a7 in Digikam::AlbumManager::setLibraryPath ()
>   from /usr/local/lib/libdigikam.so.0
> #11 0x0804ad78 in main ()
>
> Trying to start digikam again results in the same except that it doesn't ask
> for an Album directory.
>
> It doesn't matter whether the directory I choose exists, doesn't exist, or
> exists and contains an existing digikam Album (and therefore an existing
> digikam3.db file). If it is a directory without an existing digikam3.db file
> then one is created, but it is 0 bytes.
>
> The problem appears to be in SQLite.
>
> As I said, this is a completely clean install of 7.0 and the ports so there
> is no dross left around from a previous version of either FreeBSD or any
> ports - the existing digikam album used for testing was from a backup.
>
> Can anyone shed any light on this please?

I had precisely the same problem (plus system gdb dumped core and I had
to use ports' one, ports/devel/gdb6 - hint!). For me, it was solved by
rebuilding sqlite3 with
WITHOUT_FTS1=true WITHOUT_FTS2=true
options. Perhaps, only one of them is needed but as they say, "if you
don't know what it is you don't need it".

HTH,
Vladimir