7.0-RELEASE: digikam 0.9.3 dumps core on startup

Mark Ovens parish at magichamster.com
Thu Mar 6 18:28:11 UTC 2008

Clean install of 7.0-RELEASE, Xorg, KDE, and digikam from a freshly
downloaded ports tree.

Starting digikam for the first time gives the dialogue asking for the
directory to use as the Album root, enter a path then digikam dumps
core. The trace from the KDE Crash Handler is:

[New Thread 0x2a701100 (LWP 100193)]
[Switching to Thread 0x2a701100 (LWP 100193)]
[KCrash handler]
#6  0x28550b73 in sqlite3Fts2InitHashTable ()
    from /usr/local/lib/libsqlite3.so.8
#7  0x285484e2 in sqlite3Fts2Init () from /usr/local/lib/libsqlite3.so.8
#8  0x28514fa5 in openDatabase () from /usr/local/lib/libsqlite3.so.8
#9  0x281bc47e in Digikam::AlbumDB::setDBPath ()
    from /usr/local/lib/libdigikam.so.0
#10 0x281e85a7 in Digikam::AlbumManager::setLibraryPath ()
    from /usr/local/lib/libdigikam.so.0
#11 0x0804ad78 in main ()

Trying to start digikam again results in the same except that it doesn't
ask for an Album directory.

It doesn't matter whether the directory I choose exists, doesn't exist,
or exists and contains an existing digikam Album (and therefore an
existing digikam3.db file). If it is a directory without an existing
digikam3.db file then one is created, but it is 0 bytes.

The problem appears to be in SQLite.

As I said, this is a completely clean install of 7.0 and the ports so
there is no dross left around from a previous version of either FreeBSD
or any ports - the existing digikam album used for testing was from a
backup.

Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Regards,

Mark