newbie porter question: configure expects installed lib (wx-gtk) to have a different name

Steve Franks stevefranks at ieee.org
Mon Jul 28 19:31:47 UTC 2008

I'm making a new port of a linux program.

I've figured out how to get the dependenices for wx so it's installed,
but now I get an error when configure is called, because it's looking
for the script wx-config, which is getting installed by the dependancy
as wxgtk2-2.8-config.  Should I be making a symlink for this?  If so,
how do I get make to create that symlink?

Thanks,
Steve